Thursday, January 14, 2010

this job is sucking my will to LIVE!

I had the WORST job in the wold! how it all started... Susan: annie why don't you get a temp job for December.

Me: ok i want to work at the fabric store! (didn't get the job)

Susan: go the Kelly services they find people jobs

Me: ok (went in, filled out a novel about myself) they send me to a call center. -1st red flag.

My first day of work. listening to the training on how to answer the phones, i couldn't even pay attentions because i was to preoccupied by my own suicidal thoughts -2nd red flag -trying to think of anyway i could get out of there- ps i job started at 6am!!! -3nd red flag

So im going to work everyday just sitting in a windowless room - 4rd rd flag and answering calls for people that are losing their home (super angry people or worse they're crying) - 5rd red flag

ps I HAD TO WORK ON CHRISTMAS at 6 am!!! - 6th and 7th red flag

I have never even had a job inside! so sitting inside all day not being able to move is the worst! -8th red flag

So one day i snapped.(about a week and a half into it) I was just driving to work at 5 30am. and i got on the freeway... the wrong way. and just keep driving and driving. i thought i would just drive to st. George because its a little warmer down there. but when i got there at 9 o'clock everything was closed and had nothing to do, so i just keep driving and ended up in las Vegas. stumbled across my favorite thrift store, a little place i like to call Buffalo exchange. found a sweet fringe vest and then drove around a bit more and went home. at about 5 o'clock my mom called me and said "where are you?" i said "Fillmore" she said " you went to st. George?" i said "no, Las Vegas" she said that driving to las vegas on your own and not telling anyone where you're going is not allowed. I told her i wouldn't have to do such things if i didn't have a job that sucked my will to live.

And that was the day i quit.

1 comment:

  1. Rasty got a job at a call center and he only lasted about an hour. So kudos to you for lasting a week and a half!!

    ReplyDelete